So it’s 2am on Monday morning and this week is going to be NUTS. If you don’t hear from me for a week, don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
But since I’m anticipating NOT having time to blog, I wanted to write before hitting the shower and bed. I don’t really have many pics – well, I do, but I’ too lazy and tired to find them, edit them, upload them etc.
I’ll just add the one of me from Saturday of my son and I with his cake – he turned 17 this week!! Happy Birthday Joshua!
Can you tell I was tired? Keep reading to see why!
The last 4 days haven’t been great, but they haven’t been as awful as they could’ve been. Well, they were good to start off (on Thursday)… and then not so good as the week kept going.
I knew my caking days would be my hardest and I was right.
Here’s my food journal and my notes about each day. If I forget something, it’s because it’s 2am. Ha!
Thursday: 1504 cal *I earned an extra 144 from exercise, so I was still under my net 1400 goal!
- Breakfast: Peach Yogurt and Bare Naked Granola (1/2 serving) (140 cal) and High Fiber Oats & Chocolate Bar (140 cal).. this was a bad morning. I woke up at 630am and couldn’t go back to sleep because of some neck/shoulder pain, so I ate the yogurt/granola. Then fell back asleep but when I got up at 9, I was hungry again, so I had the bar.
- Lunch: Smart Ones Santa Fe Style Rice & Beans (290 cal) – this was really good!
- Supper: Healthy Choice Salisbury Steak Homestyle meal (310 cal) – this was pretty good except I didn’t care for the apples all that much. I prefer to choose my own desserts 😉
- Snacks: KIND Bar (200 cal), Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies (283 cal), 1 Tbsp Ganache (141 cal)
- Drinks: 60+ ounces of water and 1 Diet Dr. Pepper
**Note… I love yogurt and granola for breakfast but I always feel hungry within an hour or so. Maybe I should start doing that as a snack instead of breakfast.
Friday: 1429 cal – this was the first day I went over my goal… but only by a tiny bit. :-/
- Breakfast: Egg in a Hole (246 cal)
- Lunch: Ham & Cheese Hot Pocket (290 cal)
- Supper: Lasagna Roll-Ups (372 cal) – my son made these homemade from his kids cookbook and they were GREAT!
- Snacks: Cheese stick (50 cal), KIND Bar (200 cal), 1/2 Tbsp Ganache (71 cal), Tortilla Chips and Homemade Salsa (fresh from our garden!) (200 cal)
- Drinks: 78 oz. water, 2 Diet Dr. Peppers
*Friday evening is when things went downhill for me. The chips and salsa… the ganache…. and then a KIND Bar as a late night snack. Oh, and the 2 Diet Dr. Peppers because I was up very late working on cakes.
Saturday: 1941 calories… plus some more I’m sure.
I planned to skip journaling on Saturday. It was my son’s 17th birthday, we had a pizza dinner/party planned for him plus I had cake orders to finish, shopping to do, a girl’s night at my sister-in-law’s house, and VBS to get ready for. I just knew it would be overwhelming to try and keep track of all of that.
BUT – I tried. I just wanted to see, out of curiosity, what my calorie count would be if I ate whatever… and it was bad. Well, it wasn’t bad until I left the house mid-afternoon and from there… bad, bad, bad. Maybe not as bad as I imagined, and it may have been worse than this because honestly, I’m not sure I remembered everything I ate. And I had to guess on some servings… so I’m sure I underestimated.
- Breakfast: High Fiber Bar (140 cal)
- Lunch: Bacon & Tomato Sandwich (290 cal)
- Supper: Fox’s Meaty Pizza – 2 slices (700 cal)
- Snacks and other things: Tiny Slice of Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter frosting (270 cal), Cheez-Its (280 cal), Cookie Dough Cupcake (261 cal), Watermelon (no idea – but that’s healthy, right?)
- Drinks: Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke at Fox’s, Coke Zero from a gas station, 20 oz. water
At the end of Saturday, I was puffy and miserable feeling. That pizza was amazing, but I should’ve skipped the cupcake and the cheese crackers at the girl’s get together.
Sunday: A mess again, but 1877 was my total (approximately).
- Breakfast: High Fiber Bar (140 cal)
- Lunch: Subway Club Sandwich (350 cal), Pringles (150 cal), Subway Seafood Sandwich (3 inches from my sister) (195 cal)
- Supper: Fox’s Pizza (350 cal), Hot Pocket (290 cal)
- Snacks: Chips Ahoy Cookies (320 cal)
- Drinks: Coke Zero, Milk (122 cal), 32 oz. water, Diet Dr. Pepper
Today (or yesterday since its approaching 3am) was a tough day. We were at the church for nearly 11 hours (minus a quick trip to Subway to grab lunch) decorating and prepping for Vacation Bible School which starts tomorrow night. I’m the director (for the first time EVER) and I have had no time to prepare with our recent mission trip just wrapping up. So today was busy, busy, and more busy. I think I logged around 9000 steps on my Fitbit and none of that was deliberate exercise… I was just go-go-go all day and night.
I was really too busy to snack a lot while at church. I tried to be “good” for lunch at Subway but then we ran into my sis there and she had about a fourth of a Seafood Sub leftover and she offered it to me. It’s my FAVORITE sandwich, so I ate it and then when I logged the calories, I wanted to cry.
But tonight – that’s what really got me. We got home after 9pm and I hadn’t eaten since lunch. I scarfed down a Hot Pocket, then leftover pizza and THEN the Chips Ahoy and Milk around midnight as I sat here working on VBS.
When I weighed this morning, I was at 217 on the scale. That was down more than 3 pounds from when I started (my lowest weight was Friday at 216.4) but I’m sure it’ll be through the roof tomorrow. I’m super swollen and achy and I didn’t eat or drink well today. I know, I know… I shouldn’t weigh every day, but I can’t help myself.
So we’ll see. But this week I have 3 cake orders, plus cupcakes and cookies. And I have VBS Monday-Friday nights, plus Saturday 10-2 and Sunday morning commencement. And a doctor appointment somewhere in there too. It’s gonna be crazy-busy but I’m praying that I can get back on track and log/journal and continue to lose.
I’d appreciate your prayers as well. This VBS Director thing is WAY outside my comfort zone and as I’ve already said, my preparation time was way shorter than needed and well… I’m just anticipating a stressful, overwhelming week. I know that’s not very positive of me… that’s why I need prayers.
So… good night. Or good morning. I’m off to get a shower and sleep. I’ll update when I can.